About Me

We are building our own log home in Utah following the methods of the Log Home Builders Association (LHBA). After a lot of research we really felt that LHBA was the best way to go. We highly encourage you to visit the LHBA website at www.loghomebuilders.org. It seems crazy to think we can do this ourselves, but LHBA really makes you a believer! And remember, we welcome any help!

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Labor Day 2013

Kenyon was able to go back over Labor Day weekend and work with his dad. They were able to get two more windows on the sides completed. We had also worked out with the contractor what tasks he was going to prioritize. In order to do some of the things we asked, he wanted to put in the first floor to make it easier. So, that weekend Kenyon and his dad had to remove all of the scaffolding from the inside and do some other miscellaneous projects that were necessary so the floor could go in.

That closes out 2013. I actually had gone back to Utah in November 2013 for work for a week. At the end of the week I had planned to drive up and check out the progress. After a week of decent weather, the morning I was to drive up there a snowstorm came in. I still went up and made it up the highway, through the canyon and up into the “neighborhood” mountain road, but the snow proved too much for my little front wheel drive rental car when I got to the uphill, gravel road that our cabin is actually on. I tried to make it several times but it hadn’t been plowed and I was worried about getting the car stuck. I didn’t have any boots and there was nowhere to leave the car and try to hike up. So, 2013 ended without any more updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment